Championship Meets are This Week
Here we are, Conference Championships Week. Below are the entries for the B Meet, as well as the details.
Remember, day 2 of the A Meet starts where the previous day left off (so – not event #1 – make sure you are there on time
Here are the dates and locations for the Championship Meets.
|7/18/2018||A Meet – Ages 13 and Up||Calvin||Warm up: 2:30 p.m.|
Events begin: 4:00 p.m.
|7/19/2018||B Meet – All Ages||Grand Haven||Check-in opens: 7:30 a.m.|
Warm up: 8:00 a.m.
Check-in closes: 8:15 a.m.
Events begin: 9:30 a.m.
More Meet Information
- Because they include so many teams, the conference meets are run differently than regular dual meets. We will be competing with 8 other teams in our half of the West Michigan Swim League. This also means they run a little longer – so be prepared.
- At the B meet, there is no medley relay, only a freestyle relay. Swimmers are allowed to swim 1 relay and 2 individual events. However, each team may only enter 1 relay, so only 4 swimmers in each age/gender group will swim in a relay.
- Everyone will be entered in their 2 individual events.
- Swimmers may only swim events for which they have a seed time.
- Because there are several officials at conference meets, disqualifications will be called on the technical aspects of each stroke, i.e., illegal kicks (common in breaststroke and butterfly). Therefore, most swimmers will be entered in freestyle and backstroke events.
- Generally, the Championship Meet signals the end of practices for your athlete.